Soil map, Willacy County, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Soil map, Willacy County, Texas
- Added Title Soil map, Texas, Willacy County
Author: United States. Bureau of Chemistry and Soils.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Texas Agricultural Experiment StationCreator Type: Organization
Printer: Eastern Offset Inc.Contributor Type: Organization
Cartographer: Geological Survey (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
Cartographer: U.S. Coast and Geodetic SurveyContributor Type: Organization
Name: [United States. Government Printing Office.]Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1929
- Digitized: 2006-03-10
- Content Description: Map displays soil types along with arroyos, ranches, towns, schools, roads, and railroads. Shows alkali concentrations. Includes legend and symbols.
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 63 x 128 cm. ; scale 1 inch = 1 mile
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Soil surveys -- Texas -- Willacy County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Soils -- Texas -- Willacy County -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Willacy County
- Time Period: new-sou
- Time Period: tex-land
- Coverage Date: 1926
- Is Part Of: Soil survey of Willacy County, Texas, ark:/67531/metapth19823
Name: Texas Soil SurveysCode: TXSS
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- OCLC: 8934593
- Government Documents No.: A 47.5:926/3
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth19661
- Display Note: "Field Operations Bureau of Soils 1926." "Soils surveyed by H. W. Hawker, Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, in charge, and C. S. Simmons, U. S. Department of Agriculture." "Base map in part from U.S. Geological Survey and U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey sheets."
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K