[Saint David's Church Exterior]

Description

Photograph of the original exterior of St. David's Church, before the streets were lowered. The building is surrounded by small trees and there are two black automobiles parked on the street. The church is located at San Jacinto and 7th Street, in Austin, Texas.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 20 cm.

Creation Information

Jordan Company 1923.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2011 and was provided by St. David’s Episcopal Church to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 67 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Photographer

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

St. David’s Episcopal Church

St. David's Episcopal Church presents its collection of early photographs, oral histories and parish newsletters and previously published histories of the parish.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the original exterior of St. David's Church, before the streets were lowered. The building is surrounded by small trees and there are two black automobiles parked on the street. The church is located at San Jacinto and 7th Street, in Austin, Texas.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 25 x 20 cm.

Subjects

Keyword

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2011

Rescuing Texas History, 2011 features collections from 13 partners: Carollton Public Library, Cleveland Historic Society, Collingsworth County Museum, Dallas Municipal Archives, Mike Cochran Collection, Sam Rayburn House Museum, St. David's Episcopal Church, National Museum of the Pacific War, Talkington/Clement Family Archives, Sam Rayburn House Museum, Travis County District Clerk's Office, Witte Museum, and Wolf Creek Heritage Museum.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1923

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 31, 2012, 10:40 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 1
Total Uses: 67

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Jordan Company. [Saint David's Church Exterior], photograph, 1923; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth201229/: accessed July 27, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting St. David’s Episcopal Church.