Pasadena Heights

Description

A July, 1906 plat of "Pasadena Heights, the Home Builders Addition to Mineral Wells, Texas"is illustrated here. Developers of the addition were D. M. Howard, (Co-owner of Mineral Wells' first big department store, Howard Brothers), B. R. Strong, and Frank Richards (manager of the Star Well and owner of an early mineral water crystal plant). Street names were changed in 1912. This area came to be facetiously called "Jackass Flats" by locals. The Brazos Mall is currently [2008] located at the bottom of the plat, Wal-Mart, to the east of the plat. Elmwood Cemetery is at the southwest edge of ...

Physical Description

1 map

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This map is part of the collection entitled: A. F. Weaver Collection and was provided by Boyce Ditto Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 391 times , with 7 in the last month . More information about this map can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this map or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this map.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this map as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this map useful in their work.

Provided By

Boyce Ditto Public Library

Located in Mineral Wells, the Library holds over 50,000 materials and is dedicated to providing free access and services for the community in a friendly and professional manner. Because of the work of the Boyce Ditto Public Library, residents of Palo Pinto County have access to books, online resources, events, and much more.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this map. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

A July, 1906 plat of "Pasadena Heights, the Home Builders Addition to Mineral Wells, Texas"is illustrated here. Developers of the addition were D. M. Howard, (Co-owner of Mineral Wells' first big department store, Howard Brothers), B. R. Strong, and Frank Richards (manager of the Star Well and owner of an early mineral water crystal plant).
Street names were changed in 1912. This area came to be facetiously called "Jackass Flats" by locals.
The Brazos Mall is currently [2008] located at the bottom of the plat, Wal-Mart, to the east of the plat. Elmwood Cemetery is at the southwest edge of the plat.

Physical Description

1 map

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this map in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This map is part of the following collection of related materials.

A. F. Weaver Collection

This colorful panorama covers the founding of Mineral Wells through its mercurial growth as a resort center and army town up to the present. It features photos from local historian and photographer A.F. Weaver as well as local families and established research sources.

What responsibilities do I have when using this map?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this map.

Creation Date

  • Unknown

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Nov. 27, 2006, 8:56 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Oct. 21, 2016, 11:12 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this map last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 7
Total Uses: 391

Where

Geographical information about where this map originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Map

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Pasadena Heights, map, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20282/: accessed March 23, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Boyce Ditto Public Library.