Elmhurst Park Metadata

Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.

Title

  • Main Title Elmhurst Park

Date

  • Creation: 1907/1913
  • Digitized: 2006-11-27

Language

  • English

Description

  • Content Description: This illustration is numbered "30". It appears to be a picture postcard of the entrance to Elmhurst Park, an amusement park on Pollard Creek, about five miles southwest of Mineral Wells. The park operated from 1907 to 1913 by the Electric Company,, and was a major attraction in "The nation's most popular health spa" at that time. A lawsuit was entered by he City of Mineral Wells in 1912 against the Electric Company by reason of the Company's refusal to pave its right-of-way for trolleys in the city streets, and to pave its right-of-way to Elmhurst Park. The company tried to remove all trolley tracks in reprisal, but continued to supply electric lights to the park--and to City Hall--by way of compromise.
  • Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w

Subject

  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation - City Parks
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks
  • Keyword: lost landmarks

Primary Source

  • Item is a Primary Source

Coverage

  • Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
  • Time Period: new-sou
  • Start Date: 1907
  • End Date: 1913

Collection

  • Name: A. F. Weaver Collection
    Code: AFWC

Institution

  • Name: Boyce Ditto Public Library
    Code: BDPL

Rights

  • Rights Access: public

Resource Type

  • Postcard

Format

  • Image

Identifier

  • Accession or Local Control No: AWO_0456P
  • Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth20326