[A Charter for the Interurban Road and Street Car Line]

Description

The Mineral Wells Electric System operated two electric street cars in the city of Mineral Wells from 1907 to 1913; one on Hubbard Streeet from NE 17th Avenue to SW 6th Avenue (later part of the Bankhead Highway), and one on Oak Avenue from NE 17th Street to SE 11th Street, thence Southwest to Elmhurst Park. However, two gasoline-powered 70 passenger (all-passenger) motor cars were operated by the Weatherford, Mineral Wells and Northwestern Railroad (WMW&NW) between Graford, Mineral Wells, Ft. Worth and Dallas from 1912 to 1935. An electric interurban line was not built. The second part of this notice--the ...

Physical Description

[1] p.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This legal document is part of the collection entitled: A. F. Weaver Collection and was provided by Boyce Ditto Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 46 times . More information about this document can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this legal document or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this document.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this legal document as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this document useful in their work.

Provided By

Boyce Ditto Public Library

The Boyce Ditto Public Library materials include local history from the A. F. Weaver Collection featuring resort souvenir guides and photos of Mineral Wells from its founding to the present. There is extensive coverage of the Hexagon House, the Baker Hotel, Camp/Fort Wolters and the many mineral wells that made the city a major resort in the first half of the 20th Century.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this legal document. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

The Mineral Wells Electric System operated two electric street cars in the city of Mineral Wells from 1907 to 1913; one on Hubbard Streeet from NE 17th Avenue to SW 6th Avenue (later part of the Bankhead Highway), and one on Oak Avenue from NE 17th Street to SE 11th Street, thence Southwest to Elmhurst Park. However, two gasoline-powered 70 passenger (all-passenger) motor cars were operated by the Weatherford, Mineral Wells and Northwestern Railroad (WMW&NW) between Graford, Mineral Wells, Ft. Worth and Dallas from 1912 to 1935. An electric interurban line was not built.
The second part of this notice--the Army-Navy Sanitarium--was never approved by Congress.

Physical Description

[1] p.

Subjects

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this document in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This document is part of the following collection of related materials.

A. F. Weaver Collection

This colorful panorama covers the founding of Mineral Wells through its mercurial growth as a resort center and army town up to the present. A. F. Weaver was a photographer and local historian, and the collection includes photographs that he took as well as photographs he copied from local families and established research sources.

What responsibilities do I have when using this legal document?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this legal document.

Creation Date

  • Unknown

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Nov. 28, 2006, 1:31 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Jan. 13, 2014, 10:32 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this document last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 46

Where

Geographical information about where this legal document originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Legal Document

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[A Charter for the Interurban Road and Street Car Line], legal document, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20355/: accessed September 30, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Boyce Ditto Public Library.