[Texas South-Eastern Railroad Engine 3 at the Southern Pine Lumber Company Mill Pond]

Description

Photograph of Texas South-Eastern Railroad engine 3 ready to unload logs into the Southern Pine Lumber Company mill pond. The photograph shows how mill pond workers would release the chained logs using poles. The TSE railroad was founded in 1900 by the same owners of Southern Pine Lumber Company and served the company's logging operations. It also provided passenger service from Diboll to Lufkin until 1942.

Physical Description

1 photograph : gelatin silver, b&w ; 16 x 21.1 cm.

Creation Information

American Lumberman 1903.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: American Lumberman: Photographs of Southern Pine Lumber Company and was provided by The History Center to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 232 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Photographer

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

The History Center

The History Center presents a selection of its rich collection of photographs and historical documents. Located deep in the heart of the beautiful East Texas piney woods in Diboll, Texas, The History Center's holdings include manuscripts, business and local government records, maps, newspapers, oral histories, books, and more than 250,000 photographs.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of Texas South-Eastern Railroad engine 3 ready to unload logs into the Southern Pine Lumber Company mill pond. The photograph shows how mill pond workers would release the chained logs using poles. The TSE railroad was founded in 1900 by the same owners of Southern Pine Lumber Company and served the company's logging operations. It also provided passenger service from Diboll to Lufkin until 1942.

Physical Description

1 photograph : gelatin silver, b&w ; 16 x 21.1 cm.

Notes

This photograph appears in the April 16, 1904 issue of American Lumberman.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

American Lumberman: Photographs of Southern Pine Lumber Company

The American Lumberman Photograph collection contains over 200 scanned gelatin silver prints made by American Lumberman photographers during visits to Diboll in 1903 and 1907, documenting the lumber company's management, logging operations, Texas South-Eastern Railroad, timber, lumber camps, sawmills, commissary, and social life.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1903

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Feb. 9, 2012, 2:26 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Feb. 28, 2012, 12:10 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 3
Total Uses: 232

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

American Lumberman. [Texas South-Eastern Railroad Engine 3 at the Southern Pine Lumber Company Mill Pond], photograph, 1903; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth204248/: accessed December 10, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting The History Center.