[Southern Pine Lumber Company Slip Tongue Log Skidder and Team] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Southern Pine Lumber Company Slip Tongue Log Skidder and Team]
Photographer: American LumbermanCreator Type: Organization
- Creation: 1903
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of a high-wheeled, slip-tongue log skidder with its teams and driver. The driver would straddle the cart over felled logs, where dangling tongs would be positioned to raise the end of a log off the ground when the mules pulled the tongue forward, allowing the log to "skid" along under the cart's rolling wheels.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : gelatin silver, b&w ; 16.1 x 21.3 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Southern Pine Lumber Company -- Photographs.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Logging
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Animals in logging -- Texas, East.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Logging -- Texas, East.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lumbermen -- Texas -- Diboll.
- Keyword: skidders
- Keyword: slip tongue log skidders
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Timber -- Texas, East.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Angelina County - Diboll
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1903
Name: American Lumberman: Photographs of Southern Pine Lumber CompanyCode: ALC
Name: The History CenterCode: FWHC
- Accession or Local Control No: 0055_american-lumberman-tex107-1903