[Bucyrus Steam Shovel near Blix] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Bucyrus Steam Shovel near Blix]
Photographer: American LumbermanCreator Type: Organization
Photographer: J. D. CressCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: J. D. Cress was an American Lumberman photographer.
- Creation: 1907
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of a Bucyrus steam shovel at work loading rail cars near Blix station, along the Texas South-Eastern Railroad right of way in western Angelina County, Texas.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : gelatin silver, b&w ; 15.5 x 20.7 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Southern Pine Lumber Company -- Photographs.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Logging
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Steam shovels -- Texas -- Angelina County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Railroad construction workers -- Texas -- Angelina County.
- Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (LC): Railroad construction & maintenance -- Texas -- Angelina County
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas South-Eastern Railroad Company.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Logging railroads -- Texas -- Angelina County.
- Keyword: short line railroads
- Keyword: trains
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1907
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Angelina County - Blix
Name: American Lumberman: Photographs of Southern Pine Lumber CompanyCode: ALC
Name: The History CenterCode: FWHC
- Accession or Local Control No: 0223_american-lumberman-sp376-1907
- Display Note: This photograph appears in the January 18, 1908 issue of American Lumberman.