[Maude Woods Clark Hembry House]

Description

Photograph of a frame house with wooden siding, shingled roof, and two brick chimneys. Two porches, supported by square columns, are visible. The central gable is decorated with "fish scale" shingles. The house is surrounded by lawn and faces an unpaved street. A sidewalk runs in front of the house and parallel to the street.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 9 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. [1905..1921].

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History and was provided by the Other to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 304 times, with 20 in the last month. More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Donor

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Other

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of a frame house with wooden siding, shingled roof, and two brick chimneys. Two porches, supported by square columns, are visible. The central gable is decorated with "fish scale" shingles. The house is surrounded by lawn and faces an unpaved street. A sidewalk runs in front of the house and parallel to the street.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 9 x 9 cm.

Notes

This home was built in 1905 at 97 Terry Street in the Quakertown neighborhood of Denton, Texas. It was removed in 1921 to make way for a city park. Horses and railroad ties were used to transport the house to 1129 East Hickory Street in the Solomon Hill neighborhood of Denton, Texas. It was torn down in 2005 and replaced with a modern brick structure. Residents of the house were C. R. and Maude Hembry, followed in 1962 by William and Alma Clark.

Subjects

Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty)

Keyword

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History

These materials include historic photographs, books, maps, city directories, and records from numerous Denton women's clubs. Funding for this project was provided by the Forrest C. Lattner Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • [1905..1921]

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 5, 2007, 9:36 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • June 25, 2021, 10:32 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 20
Total Uses: 304

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Place Name coordinates. (May be approximate.)
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Help Map this Photograph

Tell us if you know the precise location of this item. In the lower-left corner of map below, select either the pin () or the box (). Drop a pin or drag to create a new rectangle. Zoom and Pan the map as needed.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[Maude Woods Clark Hembry House], photograph, [1905..1921]; (https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20752/: accessed May 16, 2022), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, https://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Other.

Back to Top of Screen