Mayor of Boston with Ruth Roach and Tad Lucas, c. 1930 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Mayor of Boston with Ruth Roach and Tad Lucas, c. 1930
Collector: Salmon, Ruth RoachContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1930~
- Digitized: 2007-01-22
- Content Description: Photograph of a group of cowboys and cowgirls standing around the mayor of Boston outside the Federal Building in Boston, Massachusetts. Ruth Roach is the second cowgirl from the right and the first cowgirl on the right is tentatively identified as Tad Lucas.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Ranching - Cowboys
- Keyword: cowgirls
- Named Person: Roach, Ruth
- Named Person: Salmon, Ruth Roach
- Named Person: Lucas, Tad
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Massachusetts - Suffolk County - Boston
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1930~
Name: University of North Texas ArchivesCode: UNTA
Name: Ruth Scantlin Roach Salmon (1896-1986) CollectionCode: RSRS
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: HM-60_340
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth20998
- Display Note: Ruth Salmon, world champion rodeo performer, had a 24-year career that began in 1914 and ended in 1938, when she retired from the rodeo and started a ranching business in Nocona, Texas, with her husband, Fred Salmon. She is an inductee in the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and travelled the world with the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show and The 101 Real Wild West Show. Bronc riding was her favorite event, although she performed and won championship titles in other areas (as Ruth Roach). During her career she won the titles of World's Champion All Around Cowgirl, World's Champion Trick Rider, and World's Champion Girl Bronc Rider. This photo is from the collection of papers and photographs that she donated to the University of North Texas Archives in 1985.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo