Ruth Roach [sitting in the grass with friends]. c.1930 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Ruth Roach [sitting in the grass with friends]. c.1930
Collector: Salmon, Ruth RoachContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1930~
- Digitized: 2007-01-22
- No Language
- Content Description: This photo shows Ruth Roach, in the center with the polka-dot blouse, sitting with friends in the grass at a rodeo arena.
- Physical Description: 1 postcard : b&w ; 9 x 14 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation - Rodeo
- Keyword: Cowgirls
- Keyword: Roach, Ruth
- Keyword: Salmon, Ruth Roach
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1930~
Name: University of North Texas ArchivesCode: UNTA
Name: Ruth Scantlin Roach Salmon (1896-1986) CollectionCode: RSRS
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Access: public
- Report No.: HM-60_333
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth21000
- Display Note: Ruth Salmon, world champion rodeo performer, had a 24-year career that began in 1914 and ended in 1938, when she retired from the rodeo and started a ranching business in Nocona, Texas, with her husband, Fred Salmon. She is an inductee in the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and traveled the world with the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show and The 101 Real Wild West Show. Bronc riding was her favorite event, although she performed and won championship titles in other areas (as Ruth Roach). During her career she won the titles of World's Champion All Around Cowgirl, World's Champion Trick Rider, and World's Champion Girl Bronc Rider. This photo is from the collection of papers and photographs that she donated to the University of North Texas Archives in 1985.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo