Bob Calen trick riding - Cowboy Championship Contest, c. 1920 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Bob Calen trick riding - Cowboy Championship Contest, c. 1920
Collector: Salmon, Ruth RoachContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1920~
- Digitized: 2007-01-22
- Content Description: This photo shows a man doing a handstand on the back of a running horse in a rodeo arena.
- Physical Description: 1 photographic print : b&w ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation - Rodeo
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Agriculture - Ranching - Cowboys
- Keyword: Calen, Bob
- Keyword: Roach, Ruth
- Keyword: Salmon, Ruth Roach
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1920~
Name: Ruth Scantlin Roach Salmon (1896-1986) CollectionCode: RSRS
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: HM-60_171
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth21037
- Display Note: Bob Calen was an associate of Ruth Salmon. Ruth Salmon, world champion rodeo performer, had a 24-year career that began in 1914 and ended in 1938, when she retired from the rodeo and started a ranching business in Nocona, Texas, with her husband, Fred Salmon. She is an inductee in the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame and the National Cowboy Hall of Fame and traveled the world with the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show and The 101 Real Wild West Show. Bronc riding was her favorite event, although she performed and won championship titles in other areas (as Ruth Roach). During her career she won the titles of World's Champion All Around Cowgirl, World's Champion Trick Rider, and World's Champion Girl Bronc Rider. This photo is from the collection of papers and photographs that she donated to the University of North Texas Archives in 1985.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo