Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Hansen]
- Digitized: 2007-02-14
- No Language
- Content Description: An Entry in Weslaco's annual "Birthday Party" fashion show. Organized by the Chamber of Commerce to highlight the fruit and vegetables grown in the Rio Grande Valley, area citizens created and modeled clothing made from local fruit, vegetables, and flowers. Miss Hansen is wearing a Charro outfit (Spanish Cavalier), the bolero and skirt are made of orange peel in cellophane, cummer bund, blouse and sleeve ruffles are made of dried grapefruit membrane, trim is made lemon peel, and the hat is made of eggplant peel decorated with bachelor buttons. Total cost to make this outfit was $5 dollars.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w
- Keyword: Weslaco Birthday Party
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fashion shows -- Pictorial works.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Hidalgo County - Weslaco
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1948-12
Name: Agricultural Design: Creating Fashion from Fruit, Vegetables, and FlowersCode: ADCF
Name: Weslaco MuseumCode: WEBM
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 2006.009.280
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth21131