[Letter from Dr. Edwin D. Moten to Don Moten, February 16, 1947] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from Dr. Edwin D. Moten to Don Moten, February 16, 1947]
Author: Moten, Edwin D., Sr.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1947-02-16
- Digitized: 2006-12-14
- Content Description: Letter from Dr. Edwin D. Moten to his son Don Moten, on February 16, 1947. He discusses his son's plan to set up his optometry practice in Indianapolis after recently leaving the Army.
- Physical Description:  p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - African Americans
- Named Person: Moten, Edwin D., Sr.
- Named Person: Moten, Edwin Donerson, Jr.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Keyword: letters
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine - Doctors
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Indiana - Marion County - Indianapolis
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1947-02-16
Name: From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton HistoryCode: DG06
Name: Dr. Edwin D. Moten CollectionCode: EDMC
Name: Courthouse-on-the-Square MuseumCode: CHOS
- Rights Access: public
- Display Note: Dr. Moten and his family were early residents of Quakertown, residing in Denton from 1907-1920. He was the only African American physician in Denton County during that time period. In 1920, he and his family moved to Indianapolis.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: MagicScan32 creationAppVersion: 4.5 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo