[Letter from Dr. Edwin D. Moten to Daisy M. Moten, April 30, 1946] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from Dr. Edwin D. Moten to Daisy M. Moten, April 30, 1946]
Author: Moten, Edwin D., Sr.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1946-04-30
- Digitized: 2006-12-12
- Content Description: Letter from Dr. Edwin D. Moten to his sister Daisy Moten, on April 30, 1946. He asks her if she thinks she has done the right thing by remaining single after the death of her husband, and tells her that he is very happy with his second marriage. He thanks her for a Christmas present and an Easter card, and tells her that she is always welcome to visit his home.
- Physical Description:  p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - African Americans
- Named Person: Moten, Edwin D., Sr.
- Named Person: Moten, Daisy M.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - World War II
- Keyword: letters
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Indiana - Marion County - Indianapolis
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1946-04-30
Name: From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton HistoryCode: DG06
Name: Dr. Edwin D. Moten CollectionCode: EDMC
Name: Courthouse-on-the-Square MuseumCode: CHOS
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 2005.0033.0179
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth21471
- Display Note: Dr. Moten and his family were early residents of Quakertown, residing in Denton from 1907-1920. He was the only African American physician in Denton County during that time period. In 1920, he and his family moved to Indianapolis.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: MagicScan32 creationAppVersion: 4.5 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo