[Transcript of Letter from J. R. Lewis to Gail Borden, March 23, 1835] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Transcript of Letter from J. R. Lewis to Gail Borden, March 23, 1835]
- Series Title Austin Papers: Series IV, 1834-1835 (1 of 2)
Author: Lewis, J. R.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1835-03-23
- Content Description: Copy of transcript for a letter from J. R. Lewis to Gail Borden, in which Lewis provides a character reference for Major Norton and asks Austin to assist Norton in locating information on settling and acquiring land in Texas.
- Physical Description: 1 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Legal Documents - Land Grants
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Letters of reference
- Item is a Primary Source
- Historic Place Name: Mexico - Coahuila y Texas - Matagorda
- Time Period: mex-tex
- Historic Place Name: Mexico - Coahuila y Texas - San Felipe de Austin
Name: Moses and Stephen F. Austin PapersCode: AUSTIN
Name: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American HistoryCode: CAH
- Accession or Local Control No: 2Q415
- Accession or Local Control No: e_sfa_01645
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth218163