[Letter from J. C. and Mary A. Barr to Charles B. Moore, December 3, 1865] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from J. C. and Mary A. Barr to Charles B. Moore, December 3, 1865]
- Series Title Charles B. Moore Family papers, 1832-1917
Author: Barr, J. C.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Barr, Mary A.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1865-12-03
- Content Description: Letter sent to Charles B. Moore from J. C. Barr discussing oil drilling in Jersey County, the health of acquaintances, railroad construction, farming, weather, as well as other family and local news. The third page of the letter is a segment added by Mary A. Barr discussing family life including visiting and gardening.
- Physical Description:  p. ; 32 x 41 cm., folded to 32 x 20 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Keyword: letters
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Families
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Illinois
- Keyword: weather
- Keyword: gardens
- Keyword: crops
- Keyword: oil drilling
- Named Person: Moore, Charles B.
- Named Person: Barr, J. C.
- Named Person: Barr, Mary A.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: civ-war
- Coverage Date: 1865
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Jersey County - Jerseyville
- Has Transcription: [Transcript of Letter from J. C. and Mary A. Barr to Charles B. Moore, December 3, 1865], ark:/67531/metapth204202/
Name: The Civil War and its Aftermath: Diverse PerspectivesCode: CWADP
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- OCLC: 39096548
- UNT Catalog No.: b2075015
- Call Number: HM. 70
- Accession or Local Control No: CBM_os01-001-009
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth221780
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS