[Close-up view of young woman] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Close-up view of young woman]
- Series Title [Immigration March, Arlington, TX, 2005/04/01]
Photographer: Castillo, José L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Jose L. Castillo is a news correspondent for the Spanish language EFE News Service, the fourth largest news wire in the world. A native of Peru, Mr. Castillo studied translation and interpretation at the Escuela de Traduccion e Interpretacion de Lima (ESIT) in the early 1990s before completing English studies at the University of Newcastle, England. He has worked for various newspapers -- as editor, columnist, reporter or media advisor -- in Georgia, Texas, Florida, New York, Illinois, and California, and Peru and is an award-winning journalist.
- Creation: 2005-04-01
- Digitized: 2007-03-12
- No Language
- Content Description: A young woman is brushing her hair away from her face, and another woman and child are in the background. Hundreds of high school students from different schools in Arlington (Texas) participated in a protest march to demand the approval of immigration reform which would include legalization of millions of undocumented immigrants.
- Physical Description: Digital image (JPEG)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Immigration
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic groups - Hispanics
- Keyword: Rallies
- Keyword: Demonstrations
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Tarrant County - Arlington
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 2005-04-01
Name: José L. Castillo Photograph CollectionCode: JCPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: PICT7350
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth23328