Thoughts on the proposed annexation of Texas to the United States Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Thoughts on the proposed annexation of Texas to the United States
Author: Sedgwick, TheodoreCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Sedgwick, Theodore, 1811-1859.
Name: D. FanshawPlace of Publication: New-York
- Creation: 1844-01-01
- Digitized: 2005-08
- Content Description: A book containing Theodor Sedgwick’s opinions about the annexation of Texas to the United States. The book contains discussions of issues that arise if Texas is annexed to the United States Union. A couple of the issues addressed are slavery and diplomatic relations between Texas and Mexico.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Slavery -- United States -- Controversial literature -- 1844.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Annexation to the United States.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - Republic of Texas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Slavery
- Time Period: annex
Name: From Republic to State: Debates and Documents Relating to the Annexation of Texas, 1836-1856Code: AD
Name: Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 2604061
- Accession or Local Control No: atb01510-01582
- Other: 976.4 Se2
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth2387