[Photograph of the First Methodist Church]

Description

Photograph of the First United Methodist Church. The photograph appears to have been taken during a service. The preacher is standing at the pulpit, and the choir is standing behind him. There are people sitting in the pews, and a woman is sitting at the piano to the left. According to accompanying information, the picture was taken in 1945, before the church was remodeled and an organ was added, and the minister was Reverend W. O. Schulze. Dr. Lester Keyser is standing on the left of the front row of the choir, and Herman Hahn, the choir director, is next ... continued below

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 13 x 18 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1945.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Texas Cultures Online and was provided by Gillespie County Historical Society to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 16 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Named Persons

People who are significant in some way to the content of this photograph. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Gillespie County Historical Society

The Gillespie County Historical Society exists to preserve and make accessible the history of Gillespie County. Many of the materials collected by the society come from the county seat of Fredericksburg, which has a deep connection with its German roots. The society is located within the Pioneer Museum in Fredericksburg.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the First United Methodist Church. The photograph appears to have been taken during a service. The preacher is standing at the pulpit, and the choir is standing behind him. There are people sitting in the pews, and a woman is sitting at the piano to the left. According to accompanying information, the picture was taken in 1945, before the church was remodeled and an organ was added, and the minister was Reverend W. O. Schulze. Dr. Lester Keyser is standing on the left of the front row of the choir, and Herman Hahn, the choir director, is next to him.

Physical Description

1 photograph : b&w ; 13 x 18 cm.

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas Cultures Online

Texas Cultures Online features local history materials from eighteen institutions depicting the diverse cultures of Texas during the 19th and 20th centuries. Funding provided by the Amon Carter Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1945

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Aug. 30, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 16

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Photograph of the First Methodist Church], photograph, 1945; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth245917/: accessed February 19, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Gillespie County Historical Society.