[Postcard from Fred to Mrs. Gus Jentsch, July 21, 1915]

Description

Postcard from Fred to his sister Mrs. Gus Jentsch. The correspondence is written in German. On the front is a photograph of a brick building on a corner of a street. The building is two floors and houses the Little Red Onion Cafe and the Sanitex Clothes Shop. The clothes shop has a few stairs leading up to its door. Part of the shops can be seen through the front windows. The sidewalk in front of the stores is lined with trees.

Physical Description

1 postcard : b&w, faded ; 9 x 14 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. July 21, 1915.

Context

This postcard is part of the collection entitled: Texas Cultures Online and was provided by Gillespie County Historical Society to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 16 times . More information about this postcard can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this postcard or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this postcard.

Named Person

Person who is significant in some way to the content of this postcard. Additional names may appear in Subjects below.

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this postcard as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this postcard useful in their work.

Provided By

Gillespie County Historical Society

The Gillespie County Historical Society exists to preserve and make accessible the history of Gillespie County. Many of the materials collected by the society come from the county seat of Fredericksburg, which has a deep connection with its German roots. The society is located within the Pioneer Museum in Fredericksburg.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this postcard. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Postcard from Fred to his sister Mrs. Gus Jentsch. The correspondence is written in German. On the front is a photograph of a brick building on a corner of a street. The building is two floors and houses the Little Red Onion Cafe and the Sanitex Clothes Shop. The clothes shop has a few stairs leading up to its door. Part of the shops can be seen through the front windows. The sidewalk in front of the stores is lined with trees.

Physical Description

1 postcard : b&w, faded ; 9 x 14 cm.

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this postcard in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This postcard is part of the following collection of related materials.

Texas Cultures Online

Texas Cultures Online features local history materials from eighteen institutions depicting the diverse cultures of Texas during the 19th and 20th centuries. Funding provided by the Amon Carter Foundation.

What responsibilities do I have when using this postcard?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this postcard.

Creation Date

  • July 21, 1915

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Aug. 30, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this postcard last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 16

Where

Geographical information about where this postcard originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Help Map this Postcard

Tell us if you know the precise location of this item. In the lower-left corner of map below, select either the pin () or the box (). Use the cross-hair to drop a pin or drag to create a new rectangle. You can zoom in, expand to full screen, change the terrain type, or in some cases switch to street-view so that it's easy for you to determine the coordinates.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Postcard

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[Postcard from Fred to Mrs. Gus Jentsch, July 21, 1915], postcard, July 21, 1915; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth245983/: accessed September 21, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Gillespie County Historical Society.