[Letters of Rev. Dr. Thomas McHutchin Cunningham] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letters of Rev. Dr. Thomas McHutchin Cunningham]
Author: Cunningham, Thomas McHutchinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Cunningham, Thomas McHutchin, 1887 - 1979
- Creation: 1918
- Digitized: 2007
- Content Description: The Rev. Dr. Thomas McHutchin Cunningham (March 22, 1887 - March 3, 1979) wrote these letters to family members from April 14, 1918 to November 28, 1927. The letters detail his life as a minister in Texas and other locations. The letters are written from Stamford, Spur, Eliasville, Sherman, Gainesville, Orange, Boston (Mass.), Richmond (Va.), and Knoxville (Tn.). The letters detail church news, family life, and travel on the S.S. Leviaton in 1927 to visit London, Paris, and Jerusalem.
- Physical Description: typed letters in a leatherbound folder, 23 cm.
- Keyword: Cunningham, Thomas McHutchin, 1887-1979.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Presbyterian Church in Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Presbyterians in Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Presbyterian Church -- Clergy.
- Keyword: Cunningham family
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Denominations - Presbyterian
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Jones County - Stamford
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dickens County - Spur
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Young County - Eliasville
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Grayson County - Sherman
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Orange County - Orange
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Cooke County - Gainesville
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1918
- End Date: 1927
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: OtherCode: OTHER
- Display Note: Cunningham was the author of "Hugh Wilson, a pioneer saint; missionary to the Chickasaw Indians and pioneer minister in Texas; with a genealogy of the Wilson family including 422 descendants of Rev. Lewis Feuilleteau Wilson." T.M. Cunningham was a great-grandson of Hugh Wilson, the first Presbyterian minister in the Republic of Texas. These letters are in the private collection of Mary G. Marshall, and were given to her by Cunningham's daughter, Hilda Grace "Tinker" Cunningham Rautenberg.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo