[Letter from Thurman Gupton to John J. Herrera - 1980-07-30] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from Thurman Gupton to John J. Herrera - 1980-07-30]
- Alternate Title [Letter from Thurman Gupton to John J. Herrera - July 30, 1980]
Author: Gupton, ThurmanCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1980-07-30
- Content Description: Personal letter from retired Judge Thurman Gupton to John J. Herrera in reply to an earlier letter from Herrera catching up on their friendship. Gupton comments on Herrera's successful open-heart surgery performed by Dr. Denton Cooley and reminisces over the cases Herrera presented in his court. The letter's envelope is also included.
- Physical Description: 4 p. ; 28 cm., in envelope 11 x 24 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - Hispanics
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hispanic Americans -- Correspondence.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Friendship.
- Keyword: envelopes
- Named Person: Cooley, Denton A., 1920-
- Named Person: Herrera, John J.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Heart -- Surgery.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lawyers -- Texas.
- Keyword: attorneys
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Travis County - Austin
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Brazoria County - West Columbia
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Harris County - Houston
Name: Texas Cultures OnlineCode: TCO
Name: John J. Herrera PapersCode: JJHP
Name: Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public LibraryCode: HMRC
- Accession or Local Control No: HPLM_MSS160-b4-f12-15
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth249875
- Display Note: Legal and General Correspondence & Documents of John J. Herrera, 1976-1980