[A Buggy in front of Presbyterian Church] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [A Buggy in front of Presbyterian Church]
- Creation: 1900?
- Digitized: 2006-11-13
- No Language
- Content Description: A copy of this picture is found in A. F. Weaver's, "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells", Second Edition", on page 188. The caption states "Cumberland Presbyterian Church at 901 North Oak Avenue." Note the surrey with the fringe on top. The person in the buggy has been identified as Mrs. Flora Howard, daughter of William Winfield Hayworth "Howard", the minister of the church. Howard owned a hardware store, going under the name "W.W. Howard." He is also listed as a member of the I.O.O.F. The Cumberland Presbyterian Church takes its name from Cumberland Street, Pennsylvania, where the sub-denomination (more Arminian than the main denomination) was founded. The Cumberland Presbyterian Church is currently  in Newberry, Texas. The building was sold to the Church of Christ, torn down and rebuilt. The North Oak Church of Christ still stands [in 2011] at this location, 901 N. Oak Ave. The picture is reliably dated to have been taken in 1912.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Churches
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Horse-Drawn Vehicles
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Religion - Denominations - Presbyterian
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1912
- A. F. Weaver's, "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells", Second Edition", p. 188.
Name: A. F. Weaver CollectionCode: AFWC
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: AWO_1193P
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth24995