[Letter from John J. Herrera to Rudy M. Briones - 1950-09-21] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from John J. Herrera to Rudy M. Briones - 1950-09-21]
- Alternate Title [Letter from John J. Herrera to Rudy M. Briones - September 21, 1950]
Author: Herrera, John J.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1950-09-21
- Content Description: Onionskin paper carbon copy of letter from John J. Herrera to Rudy Briones, 2nd R.T.B. Plt. 23, Marine Corps Base, San Diego, California, dated September 21, 1950. This is replying to Briones request for help in getting a discharge from military service. Herrera advises Briones to remain in the Marine Corp, and offers other personal advice.
- Physical Description: 4 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - Hispanics
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - United States Armed Forces - United States Marine Corps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hispanic Americans.
- Named Person: Briones, Rudy M.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States. Marine Corps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Military discharge.
- Keyword: attorneys
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lawyers -- Texas.
- Keyword: cases
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Harris County - Houston
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - California - San Diego County - San Diego
Name: Texas Cultures OnlineCode: TCO
Name: John J. Herrera PapersCode: JJHP
Name: Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public LibraryCode: HMRC
- Accession or Local Control No: HPLM_MSS160-b5-f13-09
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth250093
- Display Note: LULAC: John J. Herrera Correspondence and Documents, September-December, 1950