[The West Ward School, East (Front) View ] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [The West Ward School, East (Front) View ]
- Digitized: 2006-10-30
- Content Description: The West Ward School, Mineral Wells' second public School, was built in 1902. It was located north of the old Rock School at 205 NW 5th Avenue. It served as both a High School and Elementary school until the East Ward School was built in 1906, and High School classes were moved there. The West Ward School was renamed the Houston Elementary School when the Mineral Wells High School was built in 1915. The building was torn down after a new Houston Elementary School was built in 1930.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Schools - Buildings
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Arts and Crafts - Theatre
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Time Period: new-sou
Name: A. F. Weaver CollectionCode: AFWC
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: AWO_1087P