Nazareth Hospital 25th Anniversary 1931-1956 Metadata

Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.

Title

  • Main Title Nazareth Hospital 25th Anniversary 1931-1956

Date

  • Creation: 1956
  • Digitized: 2006-10-30

Language

  • English

Description

  • Content Description: We have here a copy of the cover of a booklet marking the 25th anniversary (1931 - 1956) of Mineral Well's Nazareth Hospital. The brochure contains pictures of the religious, medical, nursing and administrative staff, with interior scenes of departments, patients and equipment. The Mineral Wells Clinic was built soon after the current Crazy Hotel opened in 1927 to replace the Crazy Flats that burned in 1925. In 1931 the Holy Sisters of the Nazareth purchased the 46-bed facility for $135,000 and moved into the top floor of the building to live and minister to the patients. The hospital was closed in the mid 'sixties. The hospital was temporarily moved to the Crazy Hotel until the present [2009] hospital was built.
  • Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w

Subject

  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine - Hospitals
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine

Primary Source

  • Item is a Primary Source

Coverage

  • Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
  • Time Period: mod-tim
  • Coverage Date: 1956

Collection

  • Name: A. F. Weaver Collection
    Code: AFWC

Institution

  • Name: Boyce Ditto Public Library
    Code: BDPL

Rights

  • Rights Access: public

Resource Type

  • Photograph

Format

  • Image

Identifier

  • Accession or Local Control No: AWO_1068B.003