Lovers Retreat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Lovers Retreat
Photographer: FishburnCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Dallas, Texas
- Digitized: 2006-10-23
- Content Description: A photograph of a group of three men and four women pose in a hollow surrounded by vegetation. This former public park, on Eagle Creek four miles west of Palo Pinto, is known for the huge vine-covered boulders north of the creek, and for a lovely picnic area bordering the creek on the south side. A low dam near the downstream edge of the park formed a favorite early swimming and fishing area. A small pedestrian suspension bridge provided access to the rugged boulder-strewn playground. A large tabernacle provided venue for Sunday Services at one time, and also for the Palo Pinto County Old Settler's Reunions.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Customs
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Sports and Recreation
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Groups
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1920?
Name: A. F. Weaver CollectionCode: AFWC
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: AWO_1046P