Inventory of county records, Washington County courthouse, Brenham, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Inventory of county records, Washington County courthouse, Brenham, Texas
Compiler: Clayton, CathyCreator Type: Personal
Printer: Texas State Library. Archives Division.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Printer [and distributor]
Name: North Texas State University. Center for Community Services.Place of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1977
- Digitized: 2007-04-03
- Content Description: Inventory of records of Washington County housed in the Washington County courthouse in Brenham, Texas. Begins with an introduction and explanation of the roles of various county government offices. Describes the records of the Commissioners' Court, County Clerk, County Court, County Attorney, District Clerk, Justice of the Peace, Sheriff, Tax Assessor-Collector, County Treasurer, and County Superintendent of Schools. Also provides a list of Washington County records and an index.
- Physical Description: xiv, 159,  p. : map ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Public records -- Texas -- Washington County -- Catalogs.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Washington County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources -- Bibliography.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - County Records
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - County Courthouses
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Washington County
- Time Period: slav
- Time Period: civ-war
- Time Period: new-sou
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Start Date: c. 1838
- End Date: c. 1977
Name: Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
Name: Texas County InventoriesCode: TXCI
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 4319018
- Call Number: CD3537.W3 I58 1977b
- Government Documents No.: L1900.7 In8wash txdocs
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth25171
- Display Note: "The Texas County Records Inventory Project, headquartered at North Texas State University, Denton, is a county-by-county survey of all records germane to the operation of couny government located in county courthouses and other storage facilities." -- Preface
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Fujitsu Image Scanner fi 4340C