Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title America.
Author: J. & G. MenziesCreator Type: Organization
Name: [J. Thomson & Co.]Place of Publication: [Edinburgh, Scotland]Additional Info: for J. Thomson & Co.
- Creation: [1819..1831]
- Content Description: Map shows major cities, political divisions, physical features, and areas of Native American habitation; Mississippi River as boundary between [French] Louisiana and the United States; Greenland, islands in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, western Europe, west coast of Africa, and the Mediterranean Sea. Includes dates of exploration on northern coast of Alaska. Relief shown pictorially. Scale not given.
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 44 x 50 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - North America
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - South America
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - American Indians
- Keyword: West Indies
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Western Hemisphere -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1819
- End Date: 1831
- Place Name: North America
- Place Name: South America
- Place Name: West Indies Archipelago
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 190027
- OCLC: 741309771
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth251735
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: Map appeared in A new general atlas by John Thomson.
- Display Note: In upper right margin: "No. 52" [separate piece of paper glued in place].