Americae sive novi orbis, nova descriptio. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Americae sive novi orbis, nova descriptio.
- Parallel Title America or the New World, a new description.
Author: Ortelius, Abraham, 1527-1598Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1587
- Content Description: Map settlements and missions in political divisions of New Spain and New France on the North American continent and for Brazil, Chili, and Peru; remaining land areas with coastal settlements only; areas of Native American habitation; New Guinea at the western edge of the Pacific Ocean. Political boundaries are indicated by coloration in different regions of each continent. Includes notes and number key; handwritten notations. Relief shown pictorially. Scale [ca. 1:45,000,000].
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 35 x 47 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - North America
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - South America
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - Oceania
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - American Indians
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: New Spain -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: New France -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: New Guinea -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1587
- Place Name: North America
- Place Name: South America
- Place Name: Australia/Oceania
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 900036
- OCLC: 733801890
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth252124
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: In upper left [small cartouche]: "Ulterius Septentrionem versus hæ regiones incognitæ adhuc sunt." On verso [right]: "Novus Orbis," 5; [left] handwritten text in Latin.