Inventory of county records, Gaines County courthouse, Seminole, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Inventory of county records, Gaines County courthouse, Seminole, Texas
Compiler: Texas County Records Inventory ProjectCreator Type: Organization
Compiler: Riney, James E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: compiler for final inventory
Compiler: Summerville, RobertCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: compiler for final inventory
Compiler: Clarke, JoeCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: compiler for final inventory
Compiler: Sarvis, NathanCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: compiler for final inventory
Compiler: Olien, RogerCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: compiler for initial inventory
Compiler: Collom, EdwinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: compiler for initial inventory
Compiler: Cain, StevenCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: compiler for initial inventory
Printer: Texas State LibraryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Printer [and distributor]
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1981
- Digitized: 2007-04-03
- Content Description: Inventory of records of Gaines County. Begins with an explanation of the roles of various county government offices. Describes the records of the County Clerk as Secretary for Commissioners Court, County Clerk as Recorder, County Clerk as Reporter for County Court, District Clerk, Tax Assessor-Collector, Justice of the Peace, Sheriff, County Judge, County Treasurer, and County Auditor. Also includes a list of records accessioned by the Texas State Library.
- Physical Description: xi, , 135,  p. : 1 map ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Public records -- Texas -- Gaines County -- Catalogs.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gaines County (Tex.) -- History -- Sources -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - County Records
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Gaines County
- Time Period: new-sou
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1879~/1980~
Name: Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
Name: Texas County InventoriesCode: TXCI
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 13441201
- Government Documents No.: L1900.7 In8gai txdocs
- Call Number: CD3537.G2 I58 1981
- UNT Catalog No.: b1336158
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth25217
- Display Note: "The Texas County Records Inventory Project, headquartered at North Texas State University, Denton, is a county-by-county survey of all the records of county government located in county courthouses and other storage facilities. The Project is conducted in cooperation with Texas colleges and universities, county officials, and the Texas State Library."--Foreword "The inventory of the Gaines County courthouse records was begun by Dr. Roger Olien and graduate history students from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin in June, 1974. Project staff completed, updated, and verified the survey in July, 1980."--Preface
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Fujitsu Image Scanner fi 4340C