Minutes of the Leon River Baptist Association, 1871 Page: 1
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
The Leon River Baptist Association met with theDavilla
Baptist Church, at Davilla, Milam county, on Saturday, Sep-
tember 16th, A. D. 1871, at 2 o'clock P. M., and was called
to order by the Moderator, Elder G. W. Baines.
It was moved that, whereas, Elder A. C. Graves, the ap-
pointee to preach the Introductory Sermon, was not present,
that the Association proceed to the regular business, and
that Elder J. B. Link be requested to preach the Introduc-
tory Sermon at night.
The letters from the Churches were called for and read by
Elders J. B. Link and.J. S. Holmes, and the names of the
Delegates enrolled. (See Statistics.)
The following officers were elected for the ensuing year:
Elder G. W. Baines, Moderator; H. J. Chamberlin, Clerk;
Cyrus Eastland, Treasurer, J. S. Holmes, Corresponding
Elder J. S. Holmes moved that the reading of the articles
be dispensed with.
Petitionary Letters were read from Rainey's Creek, Friend-
ship, Sardis and Salem Churches, asking admission into this
Association, which petitions were granted, and tje hand of
fellowship given to the delegates representing them,
J, Y. Riddle was elected Assistant Clerk.
Here’s what’s next.
This pamphlet can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Pamphlet.
Leon River Baptist Association (Tex.). Minutes of the Leon River Baptist Association, 1871, pamphlet, 1871; Houston, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth253215/m1/3/: accessed November 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Rice University Woodson Research Center.