Heritage, 2010, Volume 4 Page: 2
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
%ZI Study al
* Enjoy an exclusive, after-hours tour of the Alamo
conducted by Dr. Richard Bruce Winders, curator of
* Explore Civil War Galveston with Dr. Donald S.
Frazier, award-winning author of Cottonclads! The
Battle of Galveston and the Defense of the Texas Coast.
* Uncover the hidden world of the state's vexillology
(the study of flags) under the tutelage of Dr. Robert T.
Maberry, Jr., award-winning author of Texas Flags.
* Walk the battlefield at San Jacinto with Dr. Stephen
L. Hardin, award-winning author of Texian Iliad: The
Military History of the Texas Revolution and historical
advisor for the 2004 feature film, "The Alamo'
* Learn the art of Texas cooking from Tom
Perini, owner-operator of the famed Perini Ranch
broad 1in Texas!
* Throw down in a barbecue cook-off with fellow
students paired against local talent at Buffalo Gap
* Load and fire a Sharps buffalo rifle at Fort
* Scoot your boots across sawdust floors as you take
country and western dance lessons.
* Enjoy the outdoors as you explore the diversity of
* Revel as we explore the richness of Texas music in
Austin clubs and country"honkytonks"
* Marvel at the array of color on our Texas wildflower
* Ponder the future as you visit oil fields and wind
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.mcm.edu/texas/
- -................. -'D ;
CL~ dLzzz~a~ / ~1~~ ~ ,-~
~tzP~ : ;:::~~
t/ ,Q ?? i
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas Historical Foundation. Heritage, 2010, Volume 4, periodical, 2010; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth254219/m1/2/: accessed June 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Texas Historical Foundation.