The Armored Sentinel (Temple, Tex.), Vol. 1, No. 14, Ed. 1 Thursday, April 9, 1953 Page: 30 of 31
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
KILLEEN OPEN HOUSE
Six months free rent in a
2 BEDROOM FURNISHED APT.
FOOD FOR THE FAMILY
for Six Months
this is what you May Win!
for Six Families Over $1000
Automotive Service ForThe Car For Six Months.
Plus hundreds of dollars worth of other valuable gifts.
HERE IS THE WAY YOU MAY WIN!
1. All out-of-town visitors ore encouraged to stop by the offices of the Killeen Chamber of Commerce at 516 North Gray Street between
the hours of 2 and 6 p. m. on Sunday April 121953. All you need to do is lea ve your name address and telephone number on a registration blank. Ail
adults are eligible to register. There are no strings attached to the free living except that
2. The winner must agree to accept the home and other prizes within 48 hours after notification by the Killeen Chamber of Commerce by registered mail.
3. The winner must move into the rental unit he has drawn in Killeen to be eligible for the merchandise prizes that go with that home.
4. Failure to move in a reasonable length of time as set by the Open House Committee means that the winner forfeits the house and all priies attached
5. All free items including the rent begin as of the date of the Open House April 12 1953 and extend six months from that date.
6. All visitors from out of town are especially encouraged to register for the prizes and the home at the Chamber of Commerce office between 2 p. m.
and 6 p. m. Sunday April 12 1953. Registration may not be accepted at any other time.
7. The prises are not transferrable. The winner must accept our offer and move to Killeen to receive the apartment and all the prizes that go with it.
Drawings to select the winner will be held at 9:30 a. m. Monday April 13 at the offices of the Killeen Chamber of Commerce.
9. Winners will be presented keys to their new home and certificates for all the other merchandise prises by the President of the Killeen Chamber of
Commerce and the Chairman of the Open House Committee at 2:30 p. m. riday April 17 at the Chamber of Commerce Office. Air winners and their
families are requested to be present for the presentation.
10. All decisions concerning the awards to the winners and their acceptances or refusals will be made by the Open House Committee of the Killeen
Chamber of Commerce and their decisions will be final.
The purpose of Killeen's Open House is to acquaint our friends and neigh bors with the advantages of living in Killeen. Everyone is invited to come to
Killeen and enjoy a guided tour through the city. We offer these prizes as a special inducement to attract visitors for the day. We wish everyone could win-
but we look forward to having many of our friends move to Killeen after they have looked us over.
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Newspaper.
The Armored Sentinel (Temple, Tex.), Vol. 1, No. 14, Ed. 1 Thursday, April 9, 1953, newspaper, April 9, 1953; Temple, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth254326/m1/30/: accessed May 23, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Casey Memorial Library.