[Marker: Thompson House] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Marker: Thompson House]
Photographer: West, Carolyn EffieCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2011-12/2012-03
- Content Description: Photograph of the marker for the Thompson House in Denison, Texas. Text: Built by Judge James G. Thompson in the early 1840's on the south bank of Red River at Preston Road. In 1942 it was bought by Ms. Nellie Chambers and moved east of Denison to save it from the advancing waters of the newly formed Lake Texoma. Upon her death, her heirs donated the home to the village. It was moved to its present location and restored in 1986.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; 1518 x 1901 px.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Historical markers -- Texas -- Grayson County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Historic sites -- Texas -- Grayson County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Grayson County (Tex.) -- History.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks - Historic Markers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Grayson County
- Keyword: plaques
- Keyword: historic markers
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Grayson County - Denison
- Start Date: 1840~
- End Date: 2012
- Time Period: rep-tex
- References: [Photograph of Thompson House], thompson2, thompson3
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Private Collection of Carolyn WestCode: PCCW
- Accession or Local Control No: thompson1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth256928