[Marker: Trading Post of Holland Coffee] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Marker: Trading Post of Holland Coffee]
Photographer: West, Carolyn EffieCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2011-12/2012-03
- Content Description: Photograph of the marker for the Trading Post of Holland Coffee in Pottsboro, Texas. Text: Established about 1837 for trade with the Indians of the Red River region and the Western Plains. Here many white captives of the red men were redeemed. From its vicinity, the Snively Expedition set out for New Mexico on April 25, 1843. Abandoned after Coffee's death in 1846. Erected by the State of Texas 1936.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; 2657 x 1427 px.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Historical markers -- Texas -- Grayson County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Historic sites -- Texas -- Grayson County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Grayson County (Tex.) -- History.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks - Historic Markers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Grayson County
- Keyword: plaques
- Keyword: historic markers
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Grayson County - Pottsboro
- Start Date: 1837
- End Date: 2012
- References: [Photograph of Trading Post of Holland Coffee], tradpostholl2
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: Private Collection of Carolyn WestCode: PCCW
- Accession or Local Control No: tradpostholl1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth256939