[American Home Bakery] Metadata

Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.

Title

  • Main Title [American Home Bakery]

Date

  • Creation: 1899~
  • Digitized: 2007-05-29

Language

  • English

Description

  • Content Description: Photograph of a group of people posing outside the American Home Bakery, a two-story wooden building located at the corner of John and Oak streets in Palestine, Texas. There are two horse-drawn delivery wagons outside the building and the horses are being held by boys; several other people, most wearing aprons, are posed outside the entrance behind them.
  • Physical Description: 1 photograph : positive, col. ; 35 mm.

Subject

  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Stores - Bakeries
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Horse-Drawn Vehicles
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Service Industries

Primary Source

  • Item is a Primary Source

Coverage

  • Place Name: United States - Texas - Anderson County - Palestine
  • Time Period: new-sou
  • Coverage Date: 1899~
  • Place Point: north=31.762631; east=-95.633498;

Collection

  • Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
    Code: SG07

Institution

  • Name: Anderson County Historical Commission
    Code: ACHC

Rights

  • Rights Access: public

Resource Type

  • Photograph

Format

  • Image

Identifier

  • Accession or Local Control No: ACHC_133

Note

  • Digital Preservation: creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo
  • Display Note: German immigrant Frederick H. Eilenberger (1878-1959) founded the the highly successful American Home Bakery and operated the business at this site on the corner of John and Oak Streets from 1898 until 1918. He moved the bakery to 512 N. John in 1918 and renamed the business the "Eilenberger Bakery". It is still in operation at the location on John Street and is famous for its fruit and pecan cakes, which it markets worldwide.