[921 N. Cedar - Bailey - Summers House] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [921 N. Cedar - Bailey - Summers House]
Photographer: McReynolds, OliverCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1979~
- Digitized: 2007-05-28
- Content Description: Close-up of the southeast corner of the "Bailey-Summers House," a two-story, Classical Revival-style house located at 921 N. Cedar St. in Palestine, Texas. The dominant architectural feature is the front portico with two-story Ionic columns.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 3 x 3 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Buildings
- Keyword: houses
- Keyword: historic buildings
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Homes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Anderson County - Palestine
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1979~
- Place Point: north=31.768368; east=-95.630249;
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2007Code: SG07
Name: Anderson County Historical CommissionCode: ACHC
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: ACHC179
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth25797
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo
- Display Note: This grand 2 story residence located at 921 N. Cedar St. is one of the city’s premier examples of the Classical Revival style. The dominant architectural feature is the front portico with its 2 story Ionic columns. The building remains virtually unaltered with its historic integrity intact. According to city directories, this house was owned and occupied by Mrs. F.C. Bailey in the mid-1920’s, but from the mid-1930’s through at least 1941 the house belonged to Elbert J. and Bessie B. Summers. Mr. Summers was a real estate agent working out of an office at 115 W. Oak. Billy Bean documented this house in his 1980 survey. The house remains in the Summers family as of 2006.