Avenue D in Clifton, East Side

Description

View of the east side of Avenue D in downtown Clifton, Texas. The P. E. Schow building is shown on the northwest corner of Avenue D and 4th Street.

Physical Description

Glass Plate Negative, 4x5"

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. c. 1900 - 1910.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2007 and one other and was provided by Bosque County Historical Commission to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 145 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Bosque County Historical Commission

The Bosque County Historical Commission contributes local history materials for the Rescuing Texas History project. Images include photos of early businesses and citizens, maps, and documents from Texas land agent and colonizer, Jacob De Cordova.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

View of the east side of Avenue D in downtown Clifton, Texas. The P. E. Schow building is shown on the northwest corner of Avenue D and 4th Street.

Physical Description

Glass Plate Negative, 4x5"

Subjects

Keyword

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collections of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2007

Rescuing Texas History 2007, presents materials from fifteen partners: Anderson County Historical Commission; Austin History Center, Austin Public Library; Bosque County Historical Commission; Childress County Heritage Museum; Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History; Dallas Heritage Village; First Christian Church, Port Arthur; Heritage House Museum, Orange; Historic Rose Marine Theater; Kemah Historical Society; Museum of the American Railroad; Palestine Public Library; Sanger Public Library; Sulphur Springs Public Library; and Val Verde Historical Commission.

Bosque County Glass Plate Negatives Collection

The Bosque County Historical Commision presents its collection of glass plate negatives relating to Bosque County history. The collection consists of over 50 glass plate negatives that include images of parade floats, families, the Bosque River Flood, and agriculture.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • c. 1900 - 1910

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • c. 1900 - c. 1910

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • July 27, 2007, 9:01 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Oct. 20, 2010, 6:50 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 3
Total Uses: 145

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Avenue D in Clifton, East Side, photograph, c. 1900 - 1910; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth26962/: accessed August 26, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Bosque County Historical Commission.