Booming Mexia in the Roaring 20's Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Booming Mexia in the Roaring 20's
- Added Title Waco Times-Herald, 1955
Author: Simmons, NanineCreator Type: Personal
Name: [Nanine Simmons]Place of Publication: Mexia, Texas
- Creation: 1955-03
- Content Description: Compilation of articles published during 1955 in The Waco-Times Herald, written by Nanine Simmons about the history of Mexia, Texas and focusing on the oil boom in the 1920s. The author includes a preface regarding the sources of her information and editorial notes for some of the articles to provide more context.
- Physical Description: 21 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Oil wells -- Texas -- Mexia.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Oil fields -- Texas -- Mexia.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mexia (Tex.) -- Description and travel.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mexia (Tex.) -- History.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Limestone County
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Communications - Newspapers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Oil and Gas
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: historical accounts
- Keyword: newspaper articles
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Limestone County - Mexia
- Coverage Date: 192u
- Time Period: oil-gas
Name: Texas History CollectionCode: THC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- OCLC: 18441075
- Display Note: "21 pages of Living Legend and Fact!"
- Display Note: "Written especially for The Waco Times-Herald."