General map of the United States. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title General map of the United States.
Author: Bartholomew, John, 1831-1893Creator Type: Personal
Name: A. & C. BlackPlace of Publication: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Creation: [1883..1885]
- Content Description: Map shows railroads, travel routes on the Great Lakes, state and territorial boundaries, major cities, towns, military posts, notable physical features, "Dakota Territory," and "Indian Territory." Distance between New Orleans and Cuba is also indicated. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Scale [ca. 1:8,448,000].
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 42 x 55 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - American Indians
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Bases
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- Territories and possessions -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1883
- End Date: 1885
- Place Name: United States
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 2012-579
- OCLC: 795360003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth288767
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: Text: "Alaska Territory see map 39." In right upper margin: 40.