[Blizzard in the Chicago Station] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Blizzard in the Chicago Station]
Donor: Blanton, Burt C.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Administrator, First Christian Church
- Creation: 1958-01
- Digitized: 2007-08-09
- No Language
- Content Description: One of the most unique of all railroad photographs: It is a January night in 1958 and a blizzard-snowstorm rages in the "Windy City". This scene is in the yards - the Chicago and North Western Railway's Chicago passenger station is visible in the background. Observe the gas jets which are keeping switches from being frozen.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Illinois
- Keyword: snow
- Keyword: blizzards
- Keyword: fires
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Railroads - Depots
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Illinois - Cook County - Chicago
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2007Code: SG07
Name: Museum of the American RailroadCode: MARD
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 1-0046
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth28887
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo