Texas Register, Volume 37, Number 38, Pages 7327-7532, September 21, 2012 Page: 7,514
1. Col-Tex Refinery. Located on both sides of Business Interstate 20
(United States Highway 80) in Colorado City, Mitchell County: tank
farm and refinery.
2. J. C. Pennco Waste Oil Service. Located at 4927 Higdon Road, San
Antonio, Bexar County: waste oil and used drum recycling.
3. ArChem Thames/Chelsea, Harris County. Located at 13013 Con-
klin Lane, Houston, Harris County: specialty chemical and toll manu-
4. Pioneer Oil Refining Company. Located at 20280 South Payne
Road, outside of Somerset, Bexar County: oil refinery.
5. Precision Machine and Supply. Located at 500 West Olive Street,
Odessa, Ector County: chrome plating and machine shop.
6. Voda Petroleum, Inc. Located at 211 Duncan Street, Clarksville
City, Gregg County: waste oil recycling facility.
7. Sonics International, Inc. Located north of Farm Road 101, approx-
imately two miles west of Ranger, Eastland County: industrial waste
8. Maintech International. Located at 8300 Old Ferry Road, Port
Arthur, Jefferson County: chemical cleaning and equipment hydrob-
9. Federated Metals. Located at 9200 Market Street, Houston, Harris
County: magnesium dross/sludge disposal, inactive landfill.
10. Niagara Chemical. Located west of the intersection of Commerce
Street and Adams Avenue, Harlingen, Cameron County: pesticide for-
11. International Creosoting. Located at 1110 Pine Street, Beaumont,
Jefferson County: wood treatment.
12. McBay Oil and Gas. Located approximately three miles northwest
of Grapeland on Farm Road 1272, Houston County: oil refinery and
oil reclamation plant.
13. Materials Recovery Enterprises, Inc. (MRE). Located about four
miles southwest of Ovalo, near United States Highway 83 and Farm
Road 604, Taylor County: Class I industrial waste management.
14. American Zinc. Located approximately 3.5 miles north of Dumas
on United States Highway 287 and five miles east on Farm Road 119,
Moore County: zinc smelter.
15. Toups. Located on the west side of Texas 326, 2.1 miles north of its
intersection with Texas 105, in Sour Lake, Hardin County: fencepost
treating facility and municipal waste.
16. Harris Sand Pits. Located at 23340 South Texas 16, approximately
10.5 miles south of San Antonio at Von Ormy, Bexar County: commer-
cial sand and clay pit.
17. JCS Company. Located north of Phalba on County Road 2415,
approximately 1.5 miles west of the intersection of County Road 2403
and Texas 198, Van Zandt County: lead-acid battery recycling.
18. Jerrell B. Thompson Battery. Located north of Phalba on County
Road 2410, approximately one mile north of the intersection of County
Road 2410 and Texas 198, Van Zandt County: lead-acid battery recy-
19. Spector Salvage Yard. Located at Jackson Avenue and Tenth Street,
Orange, Orange County: military surplus and chemical salvage yard.
20. Hayes-Sammons Warehouse. Located at Miller Avenue and East
Eighth Street, Mission, Hidalgo County: commercial grade pesticide
21. Jensen Drive Scrap. Located at 3603 Jensen Drive, Houston, Harris
County: scrap salvage.
22. State Highway 123 PCE Plume. Located near the intersection of
State Highway 123 and Interstate Highway 35 in San Marcos, Hays
County: contaminated groundwater plume.
23. Baldwin Waste Oil Company. Located on County Road 44 ap-
proximately 0.1 mile west of its intersection with Farm Road 1889,
Robstown, Nueces County: waste oil processing.
24. Hall Street. Located north of the intersection of 20th Street East and
California Street, north of the Dickinson city limits, Galveston County:
waste disposal and landfill/open field dumping.
25. Unnamed Plating. Located at 6816-6824 Industrial Avenue, El
Paso, El Paso County: metals processing and recovery.
26. Tricon America, Inc. Located at 101 East Hampton Road, Crowley,
Tarrant County: aluminum and zinc smelting and casting.
In accordance with THSC, 361.184(a), those facilities that may pose
an imminent and substantial endangerment, and that have been pro-
posed to the state Superfund registry, are set out in descending order of
HRS scores as follows.
1. First Quality Cylinders. Located at 931 West Laurel Street, San
Antonio, Bexar County: aircraft cylinder rebuilder.
2. Kingsland. Located in the vicinity of the 2100 and 2400 blocks
of Farm-to-Market (FM) Road 1431, in the community of Kingsland,
Llano County: two groundwater plumes.
3. Rogers Delinted Cottonseed-Colorado City. Located near the inter-
section of Interstate Highway 20 and State Highway 208 in Colorado
City, Mitchell County: former cottonseed delinting, processing.
4. Camtraco Enterprises, Inc. Located at 18823 Amoco Drive in
Pearland, Brazoria County: former fuel storage/fuel blending/distil-
5. Angus Road Groundwater Site. Located beneath the 4300 block
of Angus Road, west of Odessa, Ector County: groundwater plume of
6. Industrial Road/Industrial Metals. Located at 3000 Agnes Street,
Corpus Christi, Nueces County: lead acid battery recycling and copper
7. Tenaha Wood Treating. Located at 275 County Road 4382, about
a mile and a half south of the city limits and near the intersection of
United States Highway 96 and County Road 4382, Tenaha, Shelby
County: wood treatment.
8. Poly-Cycle Industries, Inc., Tecula. Located northeast of Tecula on
the southeast corner of the intersection of FM 2064 and County Road
4216, Cherokee County: lead acid battery recycling.
9. Sherman Foundry. Located at 532 E. King Street in south central
Sherman, Grayson County: cast iron foundry.
10. Process Instrumentation and Electrical (PIE), Inc. Located at the
northwest corner of 48th Street and Andrews Highway (Highway 385)
in Odessa, Ector County: chromium plating.
11. James Barr Facility. Located in the 3300 block of Industrial Road,
Pearland, Brazoria County: vacuum truck waste storage facility.
12. Marshall Wood Preserving. Located at 2700 West Houston Street,
Marshall, Harrison County: wood treatment.
13. Avinger Development Company (ADCO). Located on the south
side of State Highway 155, approximately one quarter mile east of the
37 TexReg 7514 September 21, 2012 Texas Register
Here’s what’s next.
This issue can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Periodical.
Texas. Secretary of State. Texas Register, Volume 37, Number 38, Pages 7327-7532, September 21, 2012, periodical, September 21, 2012; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth288980/m1/184/ocr/: accessed April 30, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.