[Photograph of Seaside Hotel and Debris] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Photograph of Seaside Hotel and Debris]
Photographer: Shirkey, MarieCreator Type: Personal
Donor: Giraudin, Paul, Jr.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Administrator, First Christian Church
- Creation: 1919
- Digitized: 2007-08-06
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of the destruction at the Seaside Hotel in Corpus Christi after the hurricane of 1919. Inscription on the back of the photo, "This is the Seaside Hotel - one of the oldest in town. In front of it is where that pretty big salt cedar arbor was. You can see what there is left. Notice how the sidewalk is even torn up. This hotel was also one of those buildings covered with concrete. Only one of the pretty palms in front is left."
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 8 x 11 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Natural Disasters - Hurricanes
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Natural Disasters - Floods
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Hotels
- Keyword: storms
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Nueces County
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1919
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2007Code: SG07
Name: Corpus Christi Museum of Science and HistoryCode: CCMS
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 1748X
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth28982
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo