[The Crazy Hotel after the Fire of 1925] Metadata

Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.

Title

  • Main Title [The Crazy Hotel after the Fire of 1925]

Date

  • Creation: 1925-03-15
  • Digitized: 2006-11-20

Language

  • English

Description

  • Content Description: A handwritten note on the back of the photograph identifies the picture as "Crazy Hotel southside after fire of March 15, 1925." Shown is the skeleton of the first Crazy Hotel, after a fire destroyed the entire Crazy "complex." The original hotel complex consisted of the two adjoined hotel sections with a common lobby, the Crazy Flats (a drinking pavilion with rooms for rent), a Bath House, and a drugstore (in which the fire started). The second Crazy Hotel opened two years later, in 1927. It covers the entire city block formerly occupied by the complex which it replaced. The famous second Crazy Hotel of the booming 1930's and 1940's is now [2008] a retirement hotel that was forcibly closed down in 2010.

Subject

  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks
  • Keyword: Fires
  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture

Primary Source

  • Item is a Primary Source

Coverage

  • Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
  • Time Period: new-sou
  • Coverage Date: 1925-03-15

Collection

  • Name: A. F. Weaver Collection
    Code: AFWC

Institution

  • Name: Boyce Ditto Public Library
    Code: BDPL

Rights

  • Rights Access: public

Resource Type

  • Photograph

Format

  • Image

Identifier

  • Accession or Local Control No: AWO_1261P