52nd Annual Convention State Firemen's Association of Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title 52nd Annual Convention State Firemen's Association of Texas
Author: State Firemen's Association of TexasCreator Type: Organization
- Creation: c. 1928-06-12
- Digitized: 2007-07-27
- Content Description: This program contains information about the Denton Fire Department, a biographical sketch about W. J. Austin, descendant of Stephen F. Austin and former president of the State Firemen's Association, a list of officers and members of the Denton Fire Department, and several photographs of firemen and their equipment. The booklet also contains information about the mayor and city officials of Denton in 1928, a photograph of Denton city hall, a photograph of Godwin Hotel, and the schedule of events for the annual convention of the State Firemen's Association of Texas. Some information about other Denton County fire departments is included. The program also contains several advertisements for Texas and Denton County businesses.
- Physical Description: 1 program , 48 pgs. : 9.0 in. x 12.0 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Civil Servants - Firemen
- Keyword: Austin, W. J.
- Keyword: McKenzie, B. W.
- Keyword: city halls
- Keyword: programs
- Keyword: Godwin Hotel
- Keyword: firefighters
- Keyword: courthouses
- Keyword: firetrucks
- Keyword: fire engines
- Keyword: College of Industrial Arts
- Keyword: Denton Teachers College
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1928-06-12
- End Date: 1928-06-15
Name: From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton HistoryCode: DG06
Name: Denton Public LibraryCode: DPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: PF-C 290
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo