Preliminary chart no. 31 of the seacoast of the United States from Galveston Bay to Matagorda Bay Texas : from a trigonometrical survey. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Preliminary chart no. 31 of the seacoast of the United States from Galveston Bay to Matagorda Bay Texas : from a trigonometrical survey.
Author: Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867Creator Type: Personal
Name: Survey of the Coast of the United StatesPlace of Publication: [Washington, D.C.]
- Creation: 1857
- Content Description: Map shows islands, settlements, and coastline from Matagorda Bay, along Galveston Island, Bolivar Peninsula, and Galveston Bay. Includes text with information on lighthouses, beacons, light vessels, magnetic needle, tides and winds. Relief shown by soundings. Scale [ca. 1:200,000].
- Physical Description: 1 map : 49 x 91 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Water - Gulf of Mexico
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Coasts -- Texas -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Galveston Bay (Tex.) -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Matagorda Bay (Tex.) -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1857
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Time Period: tex-fron
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 00-101
- OCLC: 50288679
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth298233
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: In left upper margin: "No. 54."