[Arthur Howard] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Arthur Howard]
- Creation: 1898
- Digitized: 2007-11-19
- Content Description: A photograph of Arthur Howard, it was taken about 1898. The cap he is wearing identifies him as "ASST CHIEF." (He is believed to have been assistant fire chief of Mineral Wells at that time.) He was City Secretary and Tax Assessor and Collector for the City of Mineral Wells in 1907. He was re-elected to office in April of that year by a majority vote. He is said to have organized his department (as Tax Assessor) thoroughly and he was much respected for doing it.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Civil Servants
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Civil Servants - Firemen
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 1898
Name: A. F. Weaver CollectionCode: AFWC
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: AWO_1518P