Lay's map of the United States [Sheet 3]. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Lay's map of the United States [Sheet 3].
Author: Throop, Orramel Hinckley, b. 1798Creator Type: Personal
Name: Amos LayPlace of Publication: New York
- Creation: 1832
- Content Description: Map county boundaries, major cities and towns, major roads, expeditionary routes, military outposts, canals, military bounty lands, and Native American villages. Includes historical notes. Relief shown by hachures. Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000].
- Physical Description: 1 map on 6 sheets ; each 64 x 52 cm. or smaller.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - American Indians
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Military bases -- United States -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States -- Territories and possessions -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1832
- Place Name: United States
Name: Map Collections from the University of Texas at ArlingtonCode: UTAM
Name: University of Texas at Arlington LibraryCode: UTA
- Accession or Local Control No: 2006-31_03
- OCLC: 62077452
- Digital Preservation: creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K